Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, Monday

Hello all!


Sorry I've been MIA on this blog. I have been super busy and naturally had more internet problems, but after an actually-competent person came to our apartment last week and laughed at how horrible the last Comcast guy had left all of our equipment, things are going well! (Until of course, our DVR box/modem/whatever just stops working for no reason at all).


So quick recap of things since my last post approximately 100 months ago. Christmas went well, which I got to spend at work (baller!).  The extra pay was nice, but we were kinda busy. If there's anything I don't like, it's getting paid time and a half on a holiday, but not being able to sit on my arse all day! In fact, most holidays I've worked have been steadily busy...so annoying!  I've worked the last 3 Christmases (I WILL NOT BE WORKING IT NEXT YEAR) and we've always done a grab bag for the people that have to work...definitely takes the edge off the fact that everyone is having a relaxing, fun day with their families while you get to deal with sassy doctors and pissy patients all day (figuratively and literally).  I ended up getting an electric wine opener. Which is perfect because 1. I literally have no idea how to open a non-screw top bottle of wine. B. I don't really drink wine due to the fact that it makes me a very angry, pukey drunk. 3. I will use it when "classy" people come over that "aren't beer drinkers." Just kidding. I'm not friends with people like that.


Then New Year's came around. Instead of doing the usual $100+ night of being in an uncomfortable (but cute!) dress, with mediocre drinks, disgusting finger foods, people spilling drinks on you, and the absolutely impossibility of getting a cab in Chicago after the festivities are over, Tom and I decided to do something else. His family gets a bunch of hotel rooms on New Year's and brings snacks, beer, and plays games (of many varieties. Left right center, uno, putt putt golf, Jenga, bozo buckets, etc). So instead of slipping on a stranger's spilled Dirty Shirley (or possibly my own) in my high heels, I Jenga'd our game of Jenga due to my large intake of beer! Next year? Back to the hotel with Tom's family. Drinking beer in sweatpants playing awesome games? THAT'S the way to spend an extremely overrated holiday. (P.S. This image here is on the back of the Jenga I had growing up. My best friend Nikki and I would always giggle about this little scene on it. WTF??? That is not how we looked when we played it.)


So then right after New Year's was my birthday.  The day before my birthday, Tom and I were supposed to go to the Blackhawks game. It was a Groupon deal that included dinner at a bar nearby, and bus service to the United Center, the ticket and bus service back. It had already been cancelled and rescheduled once. So naturally why would they cancel again? We were seeing the Blackhawks the day before my birthday!!!


WRONG.


Tom got an email that it was cancelled yet AGAIN. I could have convinced him to let me rip them a new one, but instead, after a small hissy fit thrown to myself, I told Tom to just get his money back.  I mean, seriously. How do you run a company like that? They suck anyway.


All was not lost though! We celebrated my birthday the next day with some of my closest friends, including my friend Amanda who surprised me all the way from Florida! We used to have our parties together because our birthdays are four days apart, so it was such a great surprise! This is us with our friend Kristin at Red Ivy Bar. I ended the night by falling asleep on the table! I'm seriously getting too old to drink more than 2 beers.  





My wonderful boyfriend also bought me an enormous cupcake (which I ate by myself in two days), and a Wii!!!  Let's just say I'm obsessed with the Wii... It's just so damn cool! I mean, I'm practically a professional dancer with everything I've learned on Just Dance 2 AND 3! And Zumba! Sidenote: yes, I know Wii was cool like 4 years ago...whatever. I'm always late on the trends. That way I know what's ACTUALLY going to be cool. Did you waste money on Sega Dreamcast? A minidisc player? Laser Discs? Oh that's a shame. I didn't. 


So there are some updates of my life, but don't worry, there are many more to come. I didn't want to make this entry too long and boring, so here's what you can prepare yourselves for over the next few days: Why Water Tower Is The Worst Mall In America, My Trip To Lake Tahoe When I Almost Died, and Why I Have A Love/Hate Relationship with HGTV.


Until then, try Bell's Winter Ale. I don't usually like white ales, but it's truly a revelation (name that movie and you win a prize). 






Cheers, 
Molz

No comments:

Post a Comment